Notes / gap extraction
Active notes and partner-site gaps
Selectable curated notes/gap extraction for Chance Heritage Trust. Pairs LUX historical reconciliation wording with partner-site follow-up status. Not a map dump and not an automatic import source.
Live on partner site: 6 · Deliberately omitted: 1 · Open: 0
| Point | Gap status | Disposition | Recommended wording | Partner-site note |
|---|---|---|---|---|
cape-byron-scope | live_on_partner_site | include_with_scope_label | Cape Byron's main optic was by Henry-Lepaute. Chance Brothers supplied a 15-inch red-sector light and a separate lantern component; the site should not be described as having a Chance main lens. | Cape Byron added with careful scope: main optic Henry-Lepaute; Chance content is the 15-inch red-sector light (1889) plus Chance lantern fabric. |
cape-north-identity | deliberately_omitted | hold_for_evidence | The Cape North lighthouse tower was moved to the Canada Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa in 1980. The lens attribution should be withheld pending primary museum catalog or order-book evidence; current research favours Barbier, Bénard & Turenne over Chance Brothers. | Cape North deliberately left off the Chance map: stronger evidence favours a Barbier, Bénard & Turenne piece; add only with museum or order-book confirmation. LUX pages may want the same attribution caution. |
casquets-historical-current | live_on_partner_site | include_with_scope_label | A first-order Chance Brothers optic is reported for the 1877 historical installation. The current Casquets optic is a separate second-order 700 mm apparatus, so Chance should be shown as historical rather than current. | Casquets records the 1877 first-order Chance optic as historical, with Trinity House’s current second-order noted separately as the present optic. |
mew-great-light | live_on_partner_site | confirmed_with_refinement | The 1887 lenses were manufactured by Barbier & Fenestre; Chance Brothers reconstructed the remaining panels for the Mew Island biform installation commissioned in 1924 and first lit in 1928. | Mew Island / The Great Light reworded with dual credit: 1887 Barbier & Fenestre lenses off Tory, rebuilt by Chance into the Mew biform and first lit in 1928. |
norah-head-order | live_on_partner_site | confirmed_with_refinement | Norah Head retains a first-order Chance Brothers dioptric revolving optic; its original 3700 mm Chance lantern is a separate component. | Norah Head set to first-order. |
tory-1862-optic | live_on_partner_site | confirmed_with_refinement | Chance Brothers supplied the first-order fixed optic brought into service at Tory Island in 1862; the date should be presented as 1860/1862 where order and service dates are not distinguished. | Tory Island no longer reads as only “1st order, Fixed”; the earlier 1860/62 Chance first-order fixed optic is recorded as its own earlier stage. |
tory-1887-reconstruction | live_on_partner_site | confirmed_with_refinement | Barbier & Fenestre manufactured the 1887 Tory Island lenses; Chance Brothers reconstructed the apparatus in 1922/1923 into a biform installation. | Tory shows the retained biform 1330 mm hyper-radial: 1887 Barbier & Fenestre optic remade by Chance in 1922 and in service from 1923. |